Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I missed you today.

I’ve been in Vancouver for over a year now. It was only last year that my feet gave way to the news that God had sent for you. I don’t know what to make of it. It all seems like a haze until i start thinking about it. It all seems like another world to me, another life. For you it is precisely that; another world and another Life. Has it really been a year since I saw you? Since I entered into your house and saw you leaning back in your chair? Your body language always gave off such conflicting messages. On the one hand, your feet would be frozen in a constant wag conveying some form of unrest, but on closer examination one could see how at ease you were reclining in your chair. Each time I saw you in that chair, I wanted to buy one just like it. I wanted to buy that comfort, that relaxation. I know though that it wasn’t really the chair that made me want it, it was seeing how laid back you were in it. Such feelings cannot be elicited by a nana-less sofa.

So here I am, listening to I grieve by Peter Gabriel. Your last words to me still resonate though I have so far been unable to capture their wisdom. I believe though, that I one day, with the help of God and with aid of the ever present warmth and protection of your prayers, will not only realize the meaning, but have the strength to live it too--InshAllah.

------------------------------Till the closing walls of time re-unite us------------------
---------------------------------------------Till all are one-------------------------------------------

No comments: