Wednesday, October 3, 2007

--In loving memory--

in loving memory:


suspenders.
internet account hogging,
stroking the couch and handles with his hands,
feet that would wag ednlessly like a tail when lying down,
legs that wont sit still,
punctual,
responsible,
critical in the cutest way,
short tempered,
gentle,hearty laugh,
'you see'.....main line
rubbing lips together making 'chpt' sound while talking,
long pauses involved,
emails and jokes,
imparting wisdom,
bread winner,
loving father,
husband, ask nani..lol
caring brother,
hospitable host,
khaana itna zaada kuon paka diya hai?:)
going asleep while watching tv,
picking me up and putting me to bed when i used to fall asleep watching tv
bathing me
putting up with my other nakhras
umra on his shoulders
random nights spent with nana,
nani asking me whether i came under the line of fire:):)
your scrap book. i wonder where it is now. piecing together your memories,
pining for your youth.
He's set you free.
you're free.

an honest man in a time
when honesty and a man are both so hard to find.



Im here,
Im alone,
In a nightmare,
Far away from home.
Always knew no one knows when
What as to happen will have happened
all secuirty has been unhinged.
All my fear have come crashing in
His soul has defied gravity
I hope it finds a chance to visit me
This far away from home and
I hope heaven is not too beautiful for you to not come back occasionally
Every day, ill be waiting to go to sleep
When I sleep ill hope to be visited by you in my dreams

I don’t know where ive come,
I don’t know where you’ve gone
Ill pray for you when I look at the moon
Remember you in the light of the sun
And when I look up at the stars
Ill try to find which one you are

No one’s been this lucky I bet
No ones been so loved I know
And I hope you know I wont forget this
Where ever you and I go

In the back of my mind I was waiting for this time to come
But I didn’t know off your four shoulders id be the missing one
And so you leave me with just one regret
i would’ve lowered you into your grave
had a foolish me been there yet
to see you for one last time,
to tell you one last time,
to smell you one last time,
to taste you one last time,
an eternal picture in my mind,
oh come back above,
come back above.

sunk in tears, but this news hasnt sunk in with me,
its all happened so suddenly,
mometns like these make you realize the truth in a cliche,
seeing is believing, and i cant accept it from this far away.

but the truth is, even if i saw it, i probably wont believe,
because these eyes that see so often decieve,
so could it be true?can it?
that you're not here, but that youre with,
the one who created you and me and everything else,
sent down love,wisdom and help
epitomized in his form and self
youve left me with something to live up to,something to live for,
i hope i wont fail you because i know youre waiting for me at the otherside of the door,
gave me a watch, in more ways then one gave me the gift of time,
it still ticking,like my beating heart,
and when it stops ticking, we too wil have a new start
for the gift of time, my heart'll never let you out of my mind,
as they close your eyes, another curtain goes up for you,
you complained of being old well now you have your chnace to start out a new,
and while we get older, we'll wait..sometimes in the black, others in the blue,
to see whether whats been revealed is actually true
forgive me if this is blasphemy, my mentor my friend,
but i beleive more so for anything else because i have to see you again.


he passed on his wisdom,
he shared his love,
he gave his sweat and kept his dignity,
showed us the meaning of integrity,
gave me my mother, my aunt
gave me a huge responsibility,
of being honest and dealing with honesty,
gave me a skeptic amidst so much doting so i wont go completely astray,
gave me what was necessary,
your criticism will be remembered and missed ever so sweetly,
your short temper will made me smile ever so frequently,
the one man taking care of his family,
and i wish i couldve been
there and could have seeen,
how i hear they flocked to pay you their last respect,
but atleast you were there in the best of my years, thats more than any child can expect.
each birthday id worry,
this might be my last one with you, because i know all of this is so temporary,
and you told me, beauty is in that which must decline,
but still for an eternity with you i pine,
my constant reminder of whats really important in life,
directing us to help us four from taking a nose dive,
they took your body and cleansed it for one last time i hear,
one more reason for why i wish iw as there,
to see you in the last piece of cloth that you wore
covered in layers,
to see you go out of sight, out of sight till mine lasts me,
till my soul too escapes this reality.
my love for you wont wane, no it wont cease,
your absence un-nerves me but
it comforts me to know youre finally at peace.
waiting for us, and not deceased.
youre finally at peace.

No comments: