Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Lie You Can't Digest

A heart covered in Rust,
A rot in the mind,
A body wedded to lust
Is third eye blind

Slithers a blackened tongue
With every word you say
Even the air in your lungs
Wreaks of decay

You know how you feel
Why make yourself bleed then?
You let the wound heal
Only to rake it up again

Nothing is allowed in
Nor does anything escape
An open prison
With voluntary inmate

You're trying to stomach
A lie you can't digest
You're chokin' on some
Throwin' out the rest

Hey there Big Guy
Up in the Sky
Hey, You up above
Grant me my Love

Grant me my Love
Grant me my Love
Grant me My Love
Won't You grant me my Love?

I know i've gone astray
I pick up my hands to pray
I hope i find my way
I hope i make it back someday

I hope i make it back some day
I hope i make it back someday
I hope i make it back someday
I hope i find my way today.

Amen.

1 comment:

NaBz said...

(amen)

i knew checking this randomly was a good idea...

i remember the first few lines of this one...have u changed the rest?

an open prison with a voluntary inmate?
it's not about walking out that door, or even trying to - it's about digging your way through the rocky floor millimetre by millimetre until you get out...