Saturday, January 8, 2011

Conversations With You

25 D. Aisle seat. I've lucked out. The three seats next to me are all vacant. A happy pair of legs i have. Call me happy feet!

Nope! Wait a second. Spoke to soon. Young Tamil man wants in on the space. I guess i can learn to share. I let him come. I tell him to sit on the farthest one because i want to stretch. I also let him know that we can take turns lying down. After all, four happy legs are better than two. I tell him this and he gets annoyed.

Here i am sharing with this stranger, offering him comfort, offering him something good and he's getting annoyed. He doesn't want to listen or have anything to do with me. My warmth couldn't break the ice. Frustrated by this insolent ingrate, I feel a frown hijacking my face and then i think of You. You go through this all the time don't you?

How do You do it, my Friend?

No comments: