Tuesday, January 12, 2010

narcissus (The ego doesn't deserve a capital)

I didn't intend it to be so, but maybe its fitting that this be my first post for the year. Here i was, in an SUV, being treated like royalty, when a thought resurfaced: "i should indulge in a bit of narcissism and re-name my blog Badi-uz-Zaman". Its only been less than a year since i've fallen in love with my own middle name; a middle name that i've ignored since i was old enough to know that it is difficult for others to pronounce let alone spell. But its not a name is it? its a title. A grand one at that. One that i don't deserve and its right after this final thought that i picture me smacking myself on the side of my head. Just before impact i ask myself why do parents give their children such heavy names? not that i mind, i love my name. But high expectations much?

*thwapp* (thwappp - really??? must've been a sissy slap)

Despite the sorry excuse for a slap, my reflection has effectively reminded me i've been blessed with magic mirrors. Do not forget. Oh wait. that's useless to say. Remind yourself constantly! THAT'S better.

And so, as always, i have digressed. Maybe my blog name should be Tan (ned)-Gent. Always digressing. You're the only one i know who could digress when talking about digression itself. Babay always said i needed focus. Khair.

The point being, and i swear i have one, (i think), was that truth be told, and it seldom is, especially to one's self, a fitting name for my blog would be Khichri.

Here's to Khichri in 2010.

P.S.

(HOLY CROWWW!!! ITS 2010 ALREADY!!!)



1 comment:

NaBz said...

ooh...a part of this reminds me of something I've always said about myself - it's actually on my blogger profile lol...

distracted from distraction by distraction...