Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Song #6; Sands of time


held your heart, couldnt read your mind,
rummaged through thoughts, found what i knew i'd find
i would do the only logical thing to do
leave you where i found you

instead i locked morality, left sanity behind
for a front row seat with you to watch the clocks unwind
for a while we'd lose ourselves
lose ourselves in the sands of time

still blissfully blind
dont open my eyes
tell me theres no finish line
tell me we're not pretending
tell me theres a happy ending
say, youll stay


memories of her laced in
sight, smell, touch, taste and
each second of when this life wasn't a waste then
i could hear you breathing when
so darling dont run away,stay
let the music we make, play

those dancing eyes and cherry cheeks
hold time still with every word she speaks
she breathes hope in this barren breast
she stems life in this God forsaken chest

*she doesnt know what shes doing*

an accident turned experiment
just a passing phase
my face, a bony waist's embrace
love gone to waste will stay with you in so many ways
for good or for bad,
whether it leaves you disappointed or glad
makes you happy, or makes you weep,
leaves you unchanged or takes away a few good nights sleep
gives you comfort, or makes you hurt
for better or for worse
either way i will be
right here in your memories
and so you will remember
those warm nights in december...

when for a while cupid smiled..
and when us weaklings
we borrowed his wings..
when together we watched the clocks unwind
our day in the sands of time
still blisfully blind
dont open my eyes
tell me there's no finish line
tell me we;re not pretending,
tell me there's a happy ending
say, you'll stay.

No comments: