Thursday, January 18, 2007

Maybe...

theres a lump in my throat too big to swallow,
theres only longing to fill this screaming hollow,
time locked all doors, threw away the keys,
left me looking on through the peep hole of memories,

amongst those riding the stars and those down-trodden,
twelve years and a boy who stands here forgotten,
dreams, disappointments,
screams and small accomplishments,
reduced to a file number, lost without trace,
stored away antics of someone who didnt know how to run a rat-race.
left no marks on the place, lost as is his name,
but they left scars on him,
and dont you know how much it hurts when theres no one around to blame?

maybe if i didnt have that much pride,
maybe if there was more self-confidence in my every stride,
then maybe the staff, the administration and my peers,
would feel my presence, know that i was there
maybe......

maybe if i hadnt taken everything so easy,
listened to my father,had worked harder and not been so lazy,
then maybe the staff, the administration and my peers,
would care, that i was no longer there.
maybe....

maybe if i stooped low,
just to see how far down i could go,
or if i had flapped all four and made noise,
made sure that they heard my voice,
then maybe the staff,administration and each peer,
could not ignore that i was no longer there.
maybe.....

maybe if they'd cared and paid attnention,
helped me realize my potential,
instead of digging a nice hole for me to lay my aspirartions to rest,
a boy so young should never be convinced he's not the best.
maybe....

so now do you see whats so hard to swallow?
a boy choking on his childhood,
refusing to let regret fill the hollow,
he cant keep up the fight, if only he could...

childhood dreams buried, in the ever-deep abyss
he can make sure time left doesn't end like this,
with a little luck, devotion, and hard work,
he'll wake up each day to paint over the hurt
until one day you will hear the corrdiors sing,
here was once the boy who learnt from his heart's longing

No comments: