Thursday, January 18, 2007

A soul graced by a glimpse of love


I believe,
my concept of love cannot be flawed,
and that an honest plea to Almighty God,
by a heart true
goes not unheard,
and so an answered prayer came to me in these very words
to help me explain to you....what a mind, on its own,
cannot concieve
.



a heart deaf to reason,

leaves a mind impotent to decide

a body cannot be charged for treason,

for that which a soul , unified by love, cannot hide,

inner voices, silenced, cast aside,

humbly tuck away, a crumbling pride,

with resounding awakening of the infinite inside,

unhinged, surrendered, leaving me open wide.

a searching hand, ears listening for a heart,

feet tempted to give it a kick,

to give a waning beat a jump start,

because certain wounds you just cant lick

no deceptions, no tricks,

just an acquiscent, defeated logic,

defeated when posed with a question which could not be simpler,

yet a tied tongue struggles to find an answer

a heart dead before,would countless times over, again have died,

for the single memory that reminds an otherwise uncertain soul its still alive.

Is it tangible to you now? a feeling echoing in my soul, so grand.

limited is language, in describing a divine concept using a human construct

But, God be willing, it'll help your heart understand

Why , for love so pure, a million times over i'd self-destruct.

So mairee jaan, lend me your troubled soul,

in the darkness of the night , we'll go for a stroll.

take hold my patiently outstretched hand,

let go your logic and leave your heart unmanned.

All for one night till the night is gone, let me the one to show you how even the darkest of dusks

have their dawn.

No comments: