Thursday, January 18, 2007

Song #10; Pot of gold


From the clouds in showers descend,
tears of the sun pouring down on me again,
in empty skies an ear who'll lend?
to one thrown off of a rainbow bend,
and it soothes the pain to pretend,
there ever was a pot of gold waiting for me at the end,
among such colors, lost in their blend,
when to foolish forgetfullness will wisdom tend?

you are my rainbow,
yuou are my empty sky,
you are my rainy day,
you are my sunshine

If someone were to come along
grant me my any wish,
tell me to think of all things and give him a list
there would only be one thing i'd think about,
'coz in my mind there never was any doubt
about
who is my rainbow,
who is my empty sky,
who is my rainy day,
who is my sunshine
who is my darkness,
who is my lonely night,
who my harness,
who my guiding light

fed me all the bent truths you had to feed,
had to save yourself so you made me bleed
and i've shed all the tears that i had to cry,
my friend, that is why
that is why,
this is goodbyee.

And when you're in need of loving eyes
or a sincere kiss
will you miss a brown-eyed boy
and his impatiently patient lips?
or

how you were his rainbow,
how you were his empty sky,
how you were his rainy day
how you his sunshine
how you his warmth,
how you his cold
how you everything inbetween
how, you, his pot of gold
goodbye
goodbye
goodbye
goodbye.

No comments: