Thursday, January 18, 2007

Song #8; Because i love you

turn the lights off, darkness envelopes me,
in the darkness, youre all i see.
i miss the sound of silence, the eerie
replaced by this unending bitter sweet symphony
the darkness, it no longer scares me,
because now i know this,
you're real and you exist,
and all it does is leave me empty

so i close my eyes, waiting to dream my empty dreams
i open my mouth, let out the silent screams.
when dreams become reality,reality becomes a dream,
and so, mairee jaan, i guess what i mean
is that my visions have become useless since im already living my dream

i look away, because i am weak,
too weak to let go off the present,
too weak to face the future now so bleak,
too weak to let go off this heaven-sent.
so i close my mouth, hold it tightly shut,
i try, i try hard, i try harder..but
my heart, its got a mouth of its own
and it wont shutup

pretended rules you lived by you say?
ive walked that path, come down the same way
i thought my mind would convict my heart of treason,
but even it admitted, things such as this dont happen without good reason
what i said to you, i said to you because i know i cant take it back, ever
but atleast youll be the first to hear those words to leave my lips, that holds true forever
time demands you to walk away, i demand you stay
circumstance, orders you to walk away,
i beg you to stay.
i want to draw closer,
with my every breath whisper,
dont forget me,
dont just let it be,
you know i love you,
all you have to do is let me.
all you have to do is let me.
so even in those empty skies,
let me tell you hope never dies.
and in the darkness, blinded i grope
grope in vain at thoughts so sweet,
wet eyes take away my sleep
but even if i dont have you now, i have hope,
i have hope.
i wish,
i wasnt so selfish,
but now i dont give a damn,
because circumstance has made me what i am
i wont give up,
if time isnt on my side, ill make it stop
and if thats what i have to do to get you,
ill try my best to sweep away circumstance too.
dont know if im right,
dont care if im wrong,
ill fight the fight,
a battle 88 nights long
to find countless days of happiness
a battle 88 days too many
and 88 million too less
i know your answer already,
but atleast when you look back one day,
you cant say had he,
had he fought i wont have faded away.
and maybe if hed persisted,
held my eyes with his and insisted,
i wont have walked away.
that you knew a fighter who wanted to be your lover,
who at the first sign of danger, didnt scramble for cover
brave but stupid, chose not to hide,
so atleast he could say his weakness wasnt the reason he was dead inside.
he very well may be fighting a lost cause,
but he will continue to fight,
fight for 88 days and 88 nights without pause.
in the depths of his heart,a future he'll try to churn
doesnt matter if he has to crash and burn,
and so,
i just want you to know,
im not letting you go
even if i have to lose it all,
i will stand up, stand up tall,
my heart it wont shut up,
its telling me even if i lose, atleast i didnt give up
dont know if im right,
dont care if im wrong,
ill fight the fight,
a battle 88 nights long
to find an eternity of happiness
a battle 88 days too many
and 88 million too less
for a happy ending for to the endless unrest
because i love you.

No comments: